VPS of MI., works with a wide range of health care organizations and have partnered with many agencies such as hospitals, physician offices and home healthcare groups. The primary goal of VPS health care providers and our partners is to decrease the number of life-threatening medical conditions Michiganders suffers from on a daily basis by providing managed healthcare services.
Service provided by VPS caring and qualified clinicians are for those patients who are unable to travel for needed medical care because of, but not limited to the following conditions:
- 1Severe mobility impairments;
- 2Terminal illness;
- 3When travel is contraindicated due to the person’s chronic condition;
- 4Severe pain;
- 5When medical providers at a physician’s office and/or transportation providers refuse to provide services due to an individual’s disruptive behavior;
- 6The home visit is cost-effective;
- 7Where transportation to medical appointments is limited due to geographical considerations.
Also VPS believes in making social services referrals. Our Stable Care/Stable Home Initiative would consist of a physical, psychosocial, environmental and economic comprehensive assessment to identify any risk factors that could affect our patient’s health, welfare and the ability to remain in the community. The sole purpose of this initiative is to decrease the likelihood of our patients experiencing slip and falls within their home, wrongful neglect and to provide relief of stress to one’s caregiver. If a clinician finds a patient is not receiving proper care and support in his or hers home, we would immediately contact the State of Michigan Department of Health & Human Services.